Tuesday 29 October 2013

10 best primers according to VOGUE UK


PRIMERS do for your skin what lingerie does for your figure - they smooth, flatter, conceal and hold things in place, so that everything you put on top of them looks immediately better. Whether you want to blur wrinkles, minimise the appearance of pores or to even skin tone, primers do this whilst creating the perfect, velvety base for foundation and bridging the gap between skincare and make-up.
Advanced formulations and improved textures mean that today's primers are better than ever, though cult classics such as Smashbox's Photo Finish Foundation Primer and Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion still stand the test of time. See UK VOGUE's favourites:


Smashbox

This primer has a fiercely loyal following - so much so that the brand has launched an entire range of alternative versions to suit every different skin type and requirement. The original is second to none, and gives skin a soft-focus finish and silky texture.

Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer. £25; available at www.smashbox.co.uk.










Benefit

Devoted to making large pores look less noticeable, The Porefessional's oil-free formula and long-lasting results have made it a Benefit bestseller ever since its launch in 2011.

Benefit The Porefessional. £24.50; available atwww.benefitcosmetics.co.uk.













L'Oréal Paris

The clue is in the name - this primer is all about luminous, youthful skin. Use all over the skin for a dewy glow, or apply to cheekbones, the bridge of the nose and the forehead for a subtle but noticeable radiance.

L'Oréal Paris Lumi Magique Pure Light Primer. £9.99; available at www.boots.com.






Bourjois

If shiny skin is your nemesis then look to Bourjois's mattifying formula, which refines pores and smooths skin for easy make-up application with no caking.

Bourjois Happy Light Base Serum Matité. £6.99; available at www.superdrug.com.







Urban Decay

If keeping eye make-up in place is your aim, Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion is the one for the job. Lightweight and easy to apply, it prevents liner from budging and keeps shadow from creasing.

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion. £15; available at www.debenhams.com.







MAC

This beauty classic promotes even skin tone and creates the ideal base for make-up, plus it noticeably reduces oiliness

MAC Prep + Prime Natural Radiance. £29; available at www.maccosmetics.co.uk







Christian Dior

A cross between a CC and a regular primer, this radiance-boosting primer gets extra points for its hygienic spray application.

Christian Dior Diorskin Airflash CC Primer. £30; available at www.selfridges.com







Hourglass

This lightweight primer glides easily on, leaving a velvety finish and keeping make-up in place all day long. Plus the SPF protection saves an extra step.

Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF15. £52; available at uk.spacenk.com/women






You know that I'm a MAC addict so I use MAC primer, but I like to experiment. So tell me what kind of primer do you use.

Ewelina
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

67 comments:

  1. bare minerals! make up stays matt all day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post I like benefit it works and I also had try urban decay but went back to benefit porefessional.
    http://tifi11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urban decay is fantastic- well I love the eye shadows

      Delete
  3. great :)
    http://karoraa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, I've tried the Happy light by Bourjous and it's really magical! xx

    Pepa.
    Rock and bows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome- I might be buying a lot of stuff this month;-)

      Delete
  5. Great post. I like benefit it works fine

    XX
    http://buildingmynewbody.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the Porefessional by Benefit. It is my favourite primer and works great on me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. woohooo on my list:-) I like the oh la la highlighter

      Delete
  7. Great post!!! I use the Mac primer too! but its great advice on new products! :)

    kisses lavi and Alex xxx

    http://www.back2backblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx. I like to try new things. It's great to hear what ya think

      Delete
  8. I wanna buy the Dior or the MAC one, I heard marvellous things about them <3
    Xxx

    Carolina

    www.the-world-c.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. get both. I like MAC but u won't know until you will try them xxx

      Delete
  9. sounds great;)

    follow me? ----------------->http://redlips-evelinafashion.blogspot.com/
    kiss:*

    ReplyDelete
  10. done :) following. follow me back now?
    xoxo
    http://www.myheartaintabrain.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey :) I'm your latest follower on bloglovin and facebook :) Hope you follow back! And nice blog :) Like it

    All the best and thanks a lot for your comment :)
    xx

    www.blackmixedblood.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the comment on my blog. Sure I'd like to follow each other. I already followed on gfc, bloglovin and facebook. Waiting for you to follow back! :)

    allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! Thanks for stopping by the blog! I followed you on gfc, google+, bloglovin, and FB. Will wait for your follows also! You can find my blog on FB by searching it, I still haven't linked my page to the blog! Will wait!

    Xo,
    Flor
    http://meringuesandchiffon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. The smashbox primer is my absolute favorite!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. looks like it's the good one. I never tried it, but I might have to

      Delete
  15. i use the smashbox one and i love it!

    xx fameliquorlove

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am a MAC addict too.. so I'm using MAC primer-it's a really good one!!

    Sure wanna follow eath other-following on GFC (rosita bizerman).. wait for you to do the same:)

    http://rosdays.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yupi another MAC addict:-) Nice to hear that I'm not alone

      Delete
  17. Nice tips! and great post :)
    Today new post, sweater or a dress? don´t miss it!
    Kisses from Spain, Kela

    ReplyDelete
  18. great post, love MAC & Dior

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am currently using the Porefessional by Benefit, but I wouldn't say i'm that impressed.
    I'd love to try the Mac one.

    xoxo,
    Froso
    Style Nirvana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Different opinions about that product. I suppose everybody is different

      Delete
  20. Ooh, I love the lumi one!!
    And thanks for stopping by my blog :) I just started the 8th month of pregnancy too!! Yeah, it is getting so uncomfortable and the wardrobe is getting very limited [;
    And yes, I would love it if we followed each other !!

    Emma
    http://emmacristy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow! whenever i heard of primer, Benefit is in my mind,
    and can't wait to see you post about your baby popping out soon ((( :
    hope we can follow each other

    ReplyDelete
  22. I use Smashbox primer! I also use their powder and both of them are AMAZING!! Love it ^^
    Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I’m happy to follow you. Actually I already joined your blog, added you via Google+, liked your Facebook and I’ll be happy if you follow me via Google+ and Facebook. I like that your blog covers a multitude of topics. ^^

    Jinna
    http://styleandcappuccino.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for the recommendation!!! I didn't know any of them.

    www.trendiing.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've heard good things about the urban decay primer!

    Monica Harmony's Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use their eye shadows and the primer goes with them. I LOVE naked pallet.

      Delete
  25. Hello lovely, thank you for the sweet comment, I really appreciate it!! :)

    You have a beautiful blog, now following you - Looking forward to your next post!

    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwwwwwwwwwww thank you Helen for your lovely comment xxx

      Delete
  26. Hi love, thank you for your lovely comment! definitely happy to follow each other, now following you!

    keep in touch,

    http://pomegranateandcoffee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  27. so cool!!

    I followed you back now!!
    keep in touch!
    http://fetish-tokyo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love Bourjois products!
    Kisses
    http://pourquoimoi.es/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Honestly your a life saver, i've been looking for blogs that talk about primers as i'm in need of one, great post Hun you've given me plenty of options x
    Jess

    www.momentsofbeautywars.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi hi thank you for that. This is the first post about primers, but I'm so happy that you liked it

      Delete
  30. I don't use it often, but those look like a great primers. Thanks for sharing, dear :)

    feel free to check out my outfit post
    www.jonnessa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. all product seem phantastic great post dear!

    wanna follow each other?
    http://angeliqueprefers.blogspot.gr/2013/10/burgundy-addict.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is interesting and helpful, thank you!

    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

    www.dressedwithsoul.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  33. These all look great, especially the smashbox one!

    It would be great if we could follow each other!

    I am now following you on GFC and would love for you to follow me back!!

    Blog: http://www.stylememoirs.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is random but I really like your name!

    Great post btw ;)

    Thanks for your comment on my blog! I followed via GFC, hope you can follow back xx
    http://jhoanelizabeth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for that. I think you are the first person telling me this. So sweet

      Delete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog. I really appreciate it
xxx
If you want to follow each other please let me know,I will follow you back either via GFC, bloglovin, google + ,facebook or Pinterest (Ewelina Cullinane)

Kisses
Ewelina