I was searching the internet for some homemade brush cleansers. I normally would be using shampoo and conditioner, but I wanted to try something different. I found homemade recipe on PrettyGossip.com that sounds so easy and I have to say it works really well:-)
So here is what you have to do:
- baby shampoo (or dish-washing liquid) -> to clean your brushes
- ONE part olive oil -> to condition in order to keep them in a good condition
- Mix baby shampoo + olive oil + a little bit of water on a plate.
- Pick up the mixture with the brush and gently swish around to work up a nice lather on the palm of your hand.
- Rinse well with water and gently squeeze excess water out without pulling bristles.
- Air dry with bristles pointing down. (*You don’t want the water to work it’s way up the brush because it will loosen the glue holding the bristles together.)
If your brushes are really dirty I would suggest to repeat the process. It will be definitely worth it, as you don't want to wreck your skin by putting make up with a dirty brush.
Let me know if you do something different. I'm happy to try different ingredients.